The Neville Hall was originally a copyhold cottage held by the Manor of Waltham St Lawrence. Its history can be traced back through the Manorial Rolls to 1676 when it was called ‘Westbies’, although the property is probably much older than this. Formerly a school, in 1913 the Hall was sold to the Parish Council and became known as The Neville Hall in memory of the Revd & Hon Grey Neville.
In 1967 the adjoining cottage was acquired and amalgamated with the Hall. Over the years, extensive alterations have been made to keep abreast of the needs of the parish. The Hall has been modernised, the building extended and the car park enlarged. These works have been funded by grants and donations.
In 2002 it was decided that the Neville Hall should be run by a charitable trust and was registered with the Charity Commissioners, enabling the Hall to have charitable status and to be administered by Trustees. The Hall is managed on a day to day basis by a small group of volunteers.